Terms and conditions of sale
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- the marketplace provides an online location for sellers to sell and buyers to purchase products;
- we shall accept binding sales, on behalf of sellers, but Jumia is not a party to the transaction between the seller and the buyer; and
- a contract for the sale and purchase of a product or products will come into force between the buyer and seller, and accordingly you commit to buying or selling the relevant product or products, upon the buyer’s confirmation of purchase via the marketplace.
- Subject to these general terms and conditions, the seller’s terms of business shall govern the contract for sale and purchase between the buyer and the seller. Notwithstanding this, the following provisions will be incorporated into the contract of sale and purchase between the buyer and the seller:
- the price for a product will be as stated in the relevant product listing;
- the price for the product must include all taxes and comply with applicable laws in force from time to time;
- delivery charges, packaging charges, handling charges, administrative charges, insurance costs, other ancillary costs and charges, will only be payable by the buyer if this is expressly and clearly stated in the product listing;
- products must be of satisfactory quality, fit and safe for any purpose specified in, and conform in all material respects to, the product listing and any other description of the products supplied or made available by the seller to the buyer; and
- the seller warrants that the seller has good title to, and is the sole legal and beneficial owner of, the products, and that the products are not subject to any third party rights or restrictions including in respect of third party intellectual property rights and/or any criminal, insolvency or tax investigation or proceedings
Choice Market Nigeria role as a marketplace
- You acknowledge that:
- we do not confirm the identity of all marketplace users, check their credit worthiness or bona fides, or otherwise vet them;
- we do not check, audit or monitor all information contained in listings;
- we are not party to any contract for the sale or purchase of products advertised on the marketplace;
- we are not involved in any transaction between a buyer and a seller in any way, save that we facilitate a marketplace for buyers and sellers and process payments on behalf of sellers;
- we are not the agents for any buyer or seller
- We do not warrant or represent:
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our marketplace;
- that the material on the marketplace is up to date;
- that the marketplace will operate without fault; or
- that the marketplace or any service on the marketplace will remain available.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our marketplace services, and to stop publishing our marketplace, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
- We do not guarantee any commercial results concerning the use of the marketplace.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to section 13.1 below, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these general terms and conditions, our marketplace and the use of our marketplace.
This document is an electronic record in terms of National Information Technology Development Agency Act, 2007 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the National Information Technology Development Agency Act, 2007. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Your use of the Choice Market Nigeria website www.choicemarketng.com (hereinafter referred to as “Choice Market Nigeria.”) and tools are governed by the following terms and conditions as applicable to Choice Market Nigeria. If you transact on Choice Market Nigeria, you shall be subject to the policies that are applicable to the website for such transaction. By mere use of the website you shall be contracting with Choice Market Nigeria Online Shopping Mall, a company incorporated under Companies and Allied Matters Act, 2004 with head office at 128 Ahoada Road Omoku, Rivers State, Nigeria and these terms and conditions constitute your binding obligations.
Use of the Choice Market Nigeria. Website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under Nigerian governing laws. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a member of Choice Market Nigeria and shall not transact or use Choice Market Nigeria website. As a minor if you wish to use or transact on Choice Market Nigeria, such use or transaction may be made by your legal guardian or parents who have registered as users of Choice Market Nigeria reserves the right to terminate your membership and refuse to provide you with access to Choice Market Nigeria if it is brought to Choice Market Nigeria Online Shopping Mall’s notice or if it is discovered that you are under the age of 18 years.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
When You use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to Choice Market Nigeria, You agree and understand that You are communicating with Choice Market Nigeria through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Choice Market Nigeria periodically. Choice Market Nigeria may communicate with You by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
Membership on Choice Market Nigeria is free. Choice Market Nigeria does not charge any fee for browsing and buying on Choice Market Nigeria. However, Choice Market Nigeria reserves the right to charge a fee and change its policies from time to time. In particular, Choice Market Nigeria may at its sole discretion introduce new services and modify some or all of the existing services offered on Choice Market Nigeria. In such an event Choice Market Nigeria reserves, without notice to You, the right to introduce fees for the new services offered or amend/introduce fees for existing services, as the case may be.Changes to the Fee and related policies shall automatically become effective immediately once implemented on Choice Market Nigeria.Unless otherwise stated,all fees shall be quoted in Nigerian Naira.You shall be solely responsible for compliance of all applicable laws including those in Nigeria for making payments to Choice Market Nigeria.
Limitations and exclusions of liability
- Nothing in these general terms and conditions will:
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities or statutory rights that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this section 13 and elsewhere in these general terms and conditions:
- are subject to section 13.1; and
- govern all liabilities arising under these general terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these general terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these general terms and conditions
- In respect of the services offered to you free of charge we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever.
- Our aggregate liability to you in respect of any contract to provide services to you under these general terms and conditions shall not exceed the total amount paid and payable to us under the contract. Each separate transaction on the marketplace shall constitute a separate contract for the purpose of this section 13.4.
- Notwithstanding section 13.4 above, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any nature, including in respect of:
- any losses occasioned by any interruption or dysfunction to the website;
- any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control;
- any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill;
- any loss or corruption of any data, database or software; or
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the marketplace or these general terms and conditions (this will not limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
- Our marketplace includes hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties; such hyperlinks are not recommendations. We have no control over third party websites and their contents, and we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Breaches of these general terms and conditions
- If we permit the registration of an account on our marketplace it will remain open indefinitely, subject to these general terms and conditions.
- If you breach these general terms and conditions, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these general terms and conditions or any Jumia codes, policies or guidelines in any way we may:
- temporarily suspend your access to our marketplace;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our marketplace;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing our marketplace;
- contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our marketplace;
- suspend or delete your account on our marketplace; and/or
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise.
- Where we suspend, prohibit or block your access to our marketplace or a part of our marketplace you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
Returns and refunds
- Returns of products by buyers and acceptance of returned products by sellers shall be managed by us in accordance with the returns page on the marketplace, as may be amended from time to time. Acceptance of returns shall be in our discretion, subject to compliance with applicable laws of the territory
- Refunds in respect of returned products shall be managed in accordance with the refunds page on the marketplace, as may be amended from time to time. Our rules on refunds shall be exercised in our discretion, subject to applicable laws of the territory. We may offer refunds, in our discretion:
- in respect of the product price;
- local and/or international shipping fees (as stated on the refunds page); and
- by way of store credits, wallet refunds, vouchers, mobile money transfer, bank transfers or such other method as we may determine from time to time.
- Returned products shall be accepted and refunds issued by Jumia, for and on behalf of the seller.
- Changes to our returns page or refunds page shall be effective in respect of all purchases made from the date of publication of the change on our website.
Copyright and trademarks
- Subject to the express provisions of these general terms and conditions:
- we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
- all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
- Choice Market Nigeria logos and our other registered and unregistered trademarks are trademarks belonging to us; we give no permission for the use of these trademarks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
- The third party registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks on our website are the property of their respective owners and we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any license to exercise such rights
Law and jurisdiction
- These general terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the territory.
- Any disputes relating to these general terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the territory